Monday, January 30, 2012

Cirque du Soleil's Immortal: A Tribute to Michael Jackson

I have awaiting the Michael Jackson's Immortal done by Cirque du Soleil since 2010, and it finally came to the Staples's Center Saturday evening 01/28/2012.  First of all, let just say that I was introduced to Michael Jackson when the song "Thiller" came out and was tormented by my god sister and her best friend about it when I was like five years old.  But Michael also intrigued me as well.  He grew up in the spotlight, he never had a childhood, growing up his best friend was a rat.  When he got older and was on is own, that is when he became a child and built Neverland Ranch and had a pet monkey named Bubbles.  Most people thought he was unorthodox, I wanted to know him.  Unfortunately, I never got that wish because his time came to an end to soon.  So I could just come closer to my wish I went to this amazing tribute that was given by the amazing people that brought you Iris, OVO.  It was amazing the flying, and dancing and the story that came from Michael Jackson's life.  Besides them having the same memorable dance moves like Smooth Criminal, Jackson 5's ABC, 123, Heal the World, and of course Thiller. They even had music never heard of by Michael Jackson.  The experience was wonderful and if you have the time, and money please go to see this amazing tribute.
*Disclaimer: I would have pictures or a video snippets, but unfortunately cameras were not allowed in the perrformance.
I would love feedback and questions, because this just My Opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment